Friday, May 20, 2011

Almost time for summer...

Which means no school. My five year old, sadly enough, is counting down the days. I am thinking of how I am going to get everything I already get done in one day with two children done with three. What will I do with myself when all three of them are in school? People keep telling me I need to make time for myself...easier said than done. The other day while I was in the shower at 8:30 at night it dawned on me that this moment in the shower was the first time I had to myself all day. I hardly think 5 minutes in the shower qualifies as "making time for yourself". I also dont' believe that I should have to get up before the rest of the house to have my own time. I'm trying to work out a plan. Something safe and entertaining for the 5 and 2 year old to do on their own for 30 minutes of the day that requires very little supervision. Perhaps, they could accomplish this activity during nap time for the infant and I could get a much needed half hour of me time. I feel like as a society we are too dependent on the television as a babysitter so I would prefer not to go that route. This is my summer activity planning week so...I will get back to you:) Hope everyone is having a happy and fruitful spring!

2 comments:

  1. You had time for yourself to post on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, so much time. It takes all of 3 minutes to post and I've done it 5 times this year. Bravo! If this counts as me time, even though all three children are crowded around me, then I guess I should say thanks for clarifying. If you have any helpful feedback by all means do feel free to share. Otherwise, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete