Saturday, August 28, 2010

Shedding strategy

Obviously you brush the dog or cat but in the summer it's really difficult to keep hair off of your furniture (you know the couch the dog doesn't stay off of). There are these nifty new hair picker upper thingys on the market. They are small and light and much easier for a quick defuzzing than the vacuum cleaner is but they are ridiculously priced and supposedly not reusable. Well, if your dog is like mine you can use it once or twice before it gets full and you are supposed to buy a new one. I have only bought one and used it all summer with my very easy strategy for reuse. I cut a small whole in the top plastic and empty it like I would a vacuum canister. These things are like 4+ bones a piece! Who buys that load? Not me;)

Oh and maybe it's just me but I didn't realize until this week that wax paper could go in the oven. I mean with the name wax paper it would just seem like a bad idea, right? Well for a fat-free pie or cake lining cut a piece the shape/size of the bottom of the pan and there you go. Save the messy paper towel of crisco for some other sucka.

No comments:

Post a Comment