Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Successful springtime

Check these out! These are my successful gardening ventures for springtime. The lettuce, green onions and broccoli that Elijah started in the window really took off. We didn't use any pesticides or growth chemicals either. Initially I did have an issue with earwigs and these tiny little red mites but to solve that we sprayed lemon juice and cayenne pepper (yep the kind you buy at the store in the spice aisle) on the crops. Just make sure to wash before eating, not everybody likes that mixture of tastes, including the mites. The nasty earwigs were a bit more difficult. I filled a few empty toilet paper and paper towel tubes with canola oil. For some reason unbeknownst to me those nasty creatures are attracted to it but the get trapped and can't get out. As my little bear would say "I be so proud of me!"




No comments:

Post a Comment